single most important aspect in our operation is SAFETY.
Talley Amusements has an excellent safety record. These records are attained through an
aggressive preventive maintenance program for all equipment and extensive training of
operating personnel. The maintenance program requires that all equipment be restored to
manufacture's specifications before the beginning of each season. This includes the
inspection of structural integrity through the use of x-ray and sonic testing equipment.
These state of the art techniques assure that structural failure is virtually eliminated.
Regular repair and rigid maintenance procedures are employed to maximize ride use and
efficiency. This policy not only creates inventory of equipment that has a detailed
inspection and replacement program which prevents mechanical failure, but also ensures
operating dependability during the critical time of the season. A detailed inspection of
all rides is conducted during the set-up and dismantling at each location. This
inspection, plus a daily inspection requirement has created an outstanding SAFETY
record for Talley Amusements.
Employees are required to attend group meetings several times during each fair to review
and emphasize safety features and procedures, as well as detailed emergency and evacuation
Electrical generators power all riding devices, games and food concessions. Electrical
cable connections are made with CamLock connectors and industrial rubber cable covers are
used throughout each site.
MAINTENANCE OF THE GROUNDS EMPLOYEE POLICY
A CLEAN NEAT area is mandatory for all Talley Amusements employees. The
appearance of the area creates a lasting impression in the eyes of the public. Not only
does Talley Amusements maintain a permanent cleanup crew, it has a strict operating policy
that requires all ride operators and concessionaires to keep their individual areas clean
and neat at all times.
All employees are required to wear a clean Talley uniform during operating hours.
Personnel are instructed and supervised to maintain the high standards set by Talley
Amusements. Talley Amusements has a strict short hair policy and no earrings, (tongue or
nose) are allowed during working hours.
All employees must consent to a drug test before hired and random testing is done
throughout the year.
These guidelines ensure the standards which makes Talley Amusements successful.
SAFETY RULES FOR AMUSEMENT RIDE
- Be sure you understand the use and function of controls, signal systems and safety
- Be familiar with the ride manufacturers manual.
- Inspect and test the entire ride before each operating period.
- Stop the ride when any unusual noise or condition develops.
- Do not operate the ride until your supervisor has inspected and repaired the ride.
- Remain in control of the ride at all times. Never allow unauthorized person to operate
- Do not operate the ride at unsafe speeds or load it beyond its rated capacity.
- Be alert when the ride is operating for an emergency stop.
- Be aware of changing weather conditions. Do not operate the ride during high winds or
- Persons that appear to be ill or under the influence of alcohol or drugs should not be
allowed on the ride.
- Be sure the riders fit the ride. Children should meet minimum size requirements. Adults
must fit safety and comfortably into the seat
- Safety belts, lap chains or safety bars must be property secured before starting the
- Patrons waiting for the next ride must be kept outside of fence away from the moving
- Ensure patrons remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop.
- Know the location of the closest First Aid Station and fire extinguisher
- Any incident, no matter how small, must be reported to the office at once